School of Health Information Science, Faculty of Human and Social Development, University of Victoria
The School of Health Information Science invites applications from talented scholars for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, to commence January 1, 2020, or start time as negotiated.
The successful candidate will:
- teach core courses in both the undergraduate and graduate programs in health informatics;
- develop and conduct a research program in a key or emerging area in health informatics;
- engage in curriculum development with the faculty;
- participate in the life of the school, including serving on committees and curriculum working groups;
- work closely with the Senior Lab Instructor for assigned courses;
- help with graduate education by serving on graduate student committees and supervising graduate students including both Masters and PhD level students;
- will have completed all requirements for a PhD in Health Informatics or Biomedical informatics prior to appointment.
The appointment will follow university guidelines for academic positions. The salary level is set out in the salary policy for regular faculty members and is negotiable based upon experience.
For more details visit IMIA’s Job Posting at https://imia-medinfo.org/wp/job/assistant-professor/