- This event has passed.
ITCH 2019 – FROM RESEARCH TO PRACTICE: IMPROVING USABILITY, SAFETY AND PATIENT OUTCOMES WITH HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Call for Papers
Improving Usability, Safety and Patient Outcomes with Health Information Technology is the working theme for the 2019 international conference being held in Victoria, BC, Canada. Health information technologies are revolutionizing and streamlining healthcare and their uptake is rising dramatically. The variety and range of technologies and software applications is considerable and there is increasing demand for implementation of healthcare IT in hospitals, clinics, homes and in the virtual space of mHealth, pervasive healthcare and social media.
However, to effectively implement these technologies scientific research and industrial and governmental supports must be strongly in place in order to transform healthcare and build capacity at the regional, national and global levels. The conference will take a multi-perspective view about what is needed in order to move technology along to real sustained and widespread use in moving research findings and approaches into practice. Solutions range from improvements in usability and training, to need for new and improved design of information systems, user interfaces and interoperable solutions, to governmental policy, mandates, initiatives and need for regulation. In addition, greater interaction will be needed among industrial, governmental and academic partners.
Topics presented will range from the design, development and use of specific information communication technologies. We welcome submissions addressing, but not limited to, the following areas of interest:
- Electronic health records
- Personal health records and patient portals
- Human factors and usability engineering
- National & international strategies and policy
- Nursing informatics
- Public health informatics
- Ethics, privacy and cyber security
- Mobile technologies and telehealth
- Clinical decision support systems
- Clinical guidelines and protocols
- Health information technology safety
- Human-computer interaction
- Evaluation studies
- E-learning, education and training
- Consumer informatics
- Healthcare modeling and simulation
- Big data and data mining
- Data analytics
- Social media in healthcare
- Standards, terminologies and ontologies
- Sensors and sensing technologies in the home
- Robotics to support health
- Information visualization
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Machine learning
- Health technology assessment
- Smart homes and cities for health
- Bioinformatics and Genomics
Persons interested in presenting should submit completed papers to the ITCH 2019 Steering Committee no later than September 15, 2018. Papers which must be no longer than five pages, will be peer-reviewed for acceptance and publication in Proceedings – ITCH 2019. Authors will be notified of acceptance by October 22, 2018. All papers and requests for information are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The language of the papers and conference is English.
The camera-ready document must be structured and formatted in accordance with instructions found at the IOS Press website: https://www.iospress.nl/service/authors/latex-and-word-tools-for-book-authors/. Submit the manuscript in a file that is in Microsoft Word, as well as a high resolution PDF with all fonts embedded. Accepted papers will be printed in a Medline indexed publication and will be Open Access.